A great lift chair can help you maintain more independence at home. We carry a full line of seat lift chairs from Pride Mobility and Golden Technologies. This stylish and contemporary brand features breakthrough technology including a power headrest and power lumbar support.
- Will Medicare buy me a seat lift chair?
Under certain conditions, Medicare will cover a seat lift mechanism. The following criteria must be met in order to qualify:
- The patient must have severe arthritis of the hip or knee or have severe neuromuscular disease.
- The seat lift chair must be part of the physician’s course of treatment and be prescribed to effect improvement, or arrest or retard deterioration in the patient’s condition.
- The patient must be completely incapable of standing up from any chair in his/her home.
- Once standing, the patient has the ability to walk.
- How much will insurance cover?
Medicare only covers the lift mechanism if you qualify. The current allowable for a mechanism is about $250. They usually pay 80% of their allowable and if you have a Secondary Insurance they will usually pick up the 20% coinsurance.
*Note: We do not take assignment on seat lifts chairs. Our chairs start at $795 and go up. This means that you would pay for the chair you want, we would file for you, and then Medicare would reimburse you directly if you meet medical necessity guidelines. If you are interested in determining if you meet Medicare’s guidelines call us at 803-227-4450.
Browse Pride Mobility Lift Chairs
Browse Pride Mobility's site to learn about products or stop by any location to talk to a customer service representative.