Hawthorne Pharmacy & Medical Equipment has been faithfully serving Columbia and surrounding areas since 1949. Due to the growth within our company, we are currently looking to hire additional Pharmacy Technicians to join our exceptional team. This role provides all the necessary training to become a pharmacy technician.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. Our locations are open Monday through Saturday (closed Sundays). This position's salary is based on experience.
Pharmacy technicians are to be personally supervised by a licensed pharmacist who has the ability to control and who is responsible for the activities of the pharmacy technician. Pharmacy technicians are not to perform duties that may be performed only by a licensed pharmacist. The following duties may be performed by a registered technician after the supervising pharmacist carefully considers the individual’s abilities and/or qualifications:
• Provide technical assistance to the pharmacist in all areas that a non-pharmacist can legally perform
• Greet patients and provide exemplary customer service
• Assist pharmacist in providing effective, appropriate, and safe pharmacy service
• Assist pharmacist in preparing prescriptions Sorting, stocking, and labeling medications and monitoring inventory
• Handling of legend drugs or devices, including but not limited to, receiving shipments of pharmaceuticals and stocking of shelves and bins
• Accepting written prescriptions
• Receive verbal requests from patients for available refills
• Perform initial interpretation of licensed practitioner orders
• Enter patient information into the computer, including drug allergies, accurately and efficiently
• Complying with rules, regulations, and procedures to help maintain a clean and safe pharmacy, such as by sterilizing equipment and surfaces
• Deliver dispensed meds to a licensed healthcare provider
• Ring up prescriptions after counseling has been offered by a licensed pharmacist
• Discard expired returns according to the facility’s policies and procedures
• Compound, or mix medications, and/or prepare IV solutions
• Repackage bulk medications.
• High school education or equivalent
• Ability to handle stressful situations
• Effective communication skills and phone etiquette
• Knowledge of basic math: counting, addition, and subtraction
• Must be able to be on their feet during the work shift
• Work both independently and as a team in a fast-paced environment
• Promote a positive pharmacy experience for all Hawthorne patients and customers
• Display compassion and genuine care for all patients
Hawthorne Pharmacy Benefits
Hawthorne Pharmacy & Medical Equipment provides very competitive pay to its employees.
Our company offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes:
• group health insurance options
• dental insurance
• vision insurance
• life insurance
• supplemental insurances
• 401(k) plan
• Closed nights and on major holidays, and we provide desirable weekend hours
• greater coverage for prescription volume.